The Technology module introduces students to the logic and concepts underlying today’s computer based technologies. The module starts with the logic of computers and digital systems, continues through to programming and software development, and finishes up with one of the most important applications of computer logic today - the advanced data communication systems that have changed the way we live and work.
Besides learning about the technologies themselves, the module teaches how to document them: it covers microprocessor documentation, API documentation, writing about data communication technologies, and a number of other topics related to writing about technology.
Principles of Computer Operations (2 Lectures)
- Concepts of Digital Systems
- Computer Architecture
- Microprocessors, CMOS technology, Logic Gates
- Documenting the Instruction Set
- Assembler Programming
Understanding Software (2 Lectures)
- Algorithms and Programming Languages
- Basics of C
- How to Read a C Program
- Documenting a Function
- Object Oriented Programming
- Reading a C++ Program
- Understanding an SDK
- Documenting an SDK
- Writing an API Reference Manual
- Java, .Net, and other programming technologies
- Software Development Cycle
Principles of Data Communications (2 Lectures)
- Basic Concepts of Communications
- Digital vs Analog Communication
- The Building Blocks of Modern Communications
- Communication Standards and Protocols
- The OSI Model
- Current Technologies in Data Communications
- Basic Concepts of Networks
Powered by Joomla!.
Designed by: Free Joomla Template, .me domain hosting. Valid XHTML and CSS.